Choose from a selection of fresh Sheridan material, along with your branded favourites.
Choose from a selection of quality Sheridan material, along with your branded favourites!
Keep your benches full with weekly deliveries across Canada and the North-East U.S.
Keep your benches full with weekly deliveries across Canada and the North-East U.S. Plus, convenient on-site delivery for landscape jobs.
With the Handpicked For You® program you can get access to exclusive access to verified plants so your customers can garden with confidence.
With the Handpicked For You® program you get exclusive access to verified plants so your customers can garden with confidence.
WELCOME TO SHERIDAN NURSERIES
Sheridan Nurseries has been a grower and purveyor of quality plant material for the landscape industry, independent garden centres, and the gardening public since 1913. With a proud heritage and legacy for innovation, Sheridan Nurseries has grown to be one of Canada’s largest growers of hardy nursery plants and has eight retail Garden Centres in the Greater Toronto Area.
Whatever the size of your project, we have the right service channel for your landscape business. Save time and money using the Wholesale Direct Program, farm-fresh material selected by our knowledgeable staff and delivered directly to your job site. Or visit one of our Landscape Supply Centres located in Georgetown, Kitchener, Mississauga, or Unionville. Let our landscape experts help you select the perfect material to meet your needs.
INDEPENDENT GARDEN CENTRES
The Sheridan Nurseries Independent Garden Centre (IGC) team provides service to Canadian garden centres in Canada, from Ontario to the East Coast, and the U.S., from the mid-West to the Eastern Seaboard. We are a one-stop-shop for nursery stock and perennial needs. Our dedicated representatives provide quick turn-around on orders with frequent shipments to Eastern Canada and the North-East U.S.
Sheridan Nurseries grows over 1200 cultivars of perennials and hardy nursery stock on more than 850 acres in Halton Hills, Ontario and ship 1.8 million plants annually to markets across North Eastern North America. Sheridan is well known for unique plant introductions, including Buxus Green Velvet™, Buxus Green Gem™, Buxus Green Mountain, Buxus Green Mound, Syringa reticulata Ivory Silk®, and Thuja occidentalis De Groot’s Spire.
Sheridan Nurseries is committed to continuous improvement of the processes that affect the environment in all areas of our business.
OUR KEY INITIATIVES
• Coco-fibre discs added to every container-grown plant to reduce moisture loss by up to 30%
• Constructed 117 million litre pond to catch & reuse rainwater and run-off
• Replaced sprinklers & broadcast watering with drip irrigation & reduced water use by nearly 80%
• Reduced use of pesticides by 50% over the past 10 years
• Reuse or recycle all used pots & offer a credit back on any handle tree pots
• Recycle 100% of the polyhouse plastic waste
• Introduction of degradable plastic trunk liners
Our Glen Williams and Norval farms are conveniently located approximately 50 kilometres northwest of Toronto. Sheridan Nurseries growers use the most innovative growing methods to produce consistent, top quality plants.
GLEN WILLIAMS FARM
• 170 acres of container production
• 120 acres of growing space
• Pot size ranging from 1-25 gallons
• 25 acres of 20,000 Pot-N-Pot trees
• Over 650,000 Buxus plants in various stages of production
• 83 acres, with 29 houses and almost 160,000 sq. ft. of heated growing space
• Propagates over 60% of all Sheridan grown products
• Over 600 perennial varieties with new introductions every year
• 700,000 plants shipped out annually